Tuesday 16 March 2010

Hello again

Well here it goes...

Last week was so very busy, I had gone back home for a visit. It was nice to see my mum, my brother and my Boyfriend again... not to mention my Grandparents and little Marbles (our Cat). That's not all what I was up to that week; I also went back to school for about four days.
It was strange being back, the school has decided to re-name all the blocks which would have been an issue if I wasn't in the art department the whole time.
I had gone back to school with the motive of doing some extra work experience, not just cause one of my modules, (business of art) demanded it but also due tot he fact that I want to be a secondary art teacher. You are more likely to be accepted in to a PGCE if you have prior work experience within schools (or so I am told) So every little must help.
I was helping out with a range of things within the classes. I helped four different year 7 classes create their own African Tribal masks by generally cutting out shapes from corrugated cardboard, to helping some of them to catch up by helping collage some sugar paper (and each teacher I was with had a different method with the making).
I also assisted Mr Downing with three different classes of year 8's with their Giacometti themed sculpture. Which actually was a lot of fun especially as I got to make my own too :) . (See Below)



I didn't just help out with the teachers in their classes that week... I was set a few technician style tasks too. For example finding and repairing a number of alphabet print blocks as well as creating a display withing the departments computer room. The display was composed of ex- students alevel work from photography to paints, both portraits and landscapes. I recognised a fair few of them as my fellow Art class Year mates.
There was one problem with just me doign the display on my own was I couldn't tell if I was putting them up straight, >.<>.<
On a brighter note I am feeling much better now and my appitite is back now!!! :)

I have a few ideas for some ceramic pieces and I can't wait until I next go in to the studio to start putting my sketches into reality. When I have finished them I might put up the photos on here for any who read this to comment and perhaps tell me what could be improved and such.

I'm really getting into my projects now. It was another slow and sad start to the year again due to the passing on of one of my oldest and dearest of friends. May she rest peacefully and happily where she has gone to now.
It been quite a hard and sad two years, with the passing of my dad, my boyfriends father and my dear friend. Too many good people have been taken. I was quite low for a while but with the support of friends and family I have started to buck up much more now. I hope to improve my grades for this year by working my butt off in this semester (my first semester marks of this year had dropped maybe a little bit for obvious reasons and I might have failed my History of Art module by two marks) So I am determined to bring things back around now.

No comments:

Post a Comment