Sunday 21 March 2010

Talk about a busy few days

As the title says it has been quite a very busy few days.
I had intended to post up on thursday night especially as I had done a lot of work in the studio that day, thus having plenty to talk about but for some reason I didn't... I am not really sure why though >.<
Thursday it was unbelievable I managed to complete one painting and a clay piece which should now be dry enough to go in the kiln :). Both these pieces are for my huge creative project which is worth double the credits of any of the other modules. I have decided to continue the theme Identity from one the previous semesters modules. Only last semester I didn't get a chance to carry it as far as I would have liked. I focused on sort of female form of dancing figures. However this semester I am carrying on with female form as an identity in general emphasising on the fact that nowadays there is a lot of fuss about a woman's body shape promoting them as objects.This is the first clay piece out of the 3 or so I have planned. The female shape in this is nothing more then a body wearing clothes... or that's what I aiming for but clay workings aren't really my strong point but hopefully I am getting better.



This will be the first of a series of paintings around the theme with the ceramic pieces to go with them.

On Friday I got another one of the paintings complete and started on one of the others, as well as completing another of the clay pieces but unfortunately I do not have photo's of them yet so I shall probably go into the studio on Monday and take some so I can post the images up on here.
I am pretty proud of myself and like I said in the previous entry I have got my motivation back so I hope to continue to have many more productive days like Thursday and Friday.


This piece with the white Rabbit is a concept piece from one of my other modules for this semester. The module is all about challenging spaces; creating alternative spaces for art amongst other things. This one was for one of the projects entitled interior, exterior alternative... we could decide on our own themes obviously and I decided to do a play on Alice in wonderland, the rabbit represents the modern person (it was the first rabbit toy I could find) and the rabbit is being choked by the watch round it's neck as it reaches in the confines of the bread bin for food but instead of food there is nothing but tablets and drink.
This one was also for challenging spaces the theme this time was miniatures: humorous or shocking. Yes there is a miniature police towing vehicle and on the back of it is bumble bee from transformers. There is quite a few of these as I went all around the campus to fins the perfect places to place them.
This above painting is some of my last semester piece in which I have continued across the theme into this current semesters work in my ceramic pieces for the creative module.
This piece is also one of last semesters pieces it was part of a concept titled 'Icon' from my sculpture module.

Anyways Good bye for now

No comments:

Post a Comment